Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Goodbye Summer break!

SO, I went back to work at the elementary school yesterday. Goodbye to a great summer. I'm very excited to get back to work, though. I love my job. This is the first job in a very long time that I can honestly say that I love. It is exhausting, and very demanding, and at times I want to quit....but the kids always make me remember why I am where I am. It makes me feel like I am really doing something good. I love seeing these kids succeed. They are great kids, they just need alot of love. I'm with a new teacher this year. He is very cool. i think it will do our boys and girls good to have a guy teacher. They were surrounded by estrogen last year! We still have BED (Behaviorally and Emotionally Disturbed), actually, this year they changed it to SED (Severely Emotionally Disturbed). We are breaking up grade levels, though, which will be great. We have 3-5th grade. the kids come back Monday, so I'm really excited! ;) I already miss my sons, though. It's been nice having a whole summer with them. Bren should be starting Prek next week, and Micah's gonna stay home with Dad. I am so thankful that we don't have to put him in daycare. We have had nightmare experiences with daycares!! I am praying that Bren can get into the school where I work. That way, I can keep an eye on him. Plus, this school is, by far, the best elementary school that I have ever seen. The staff and administration are top of the line. They are all fantastic. Hopefully, I can find out this week when there will be an opening at our school. Bren's number one on the waiting list. Anyways, I'm blogging on my lunch break, and now, I have to get back to school to laminate posters!! Joy Joy!

No comments: