Friday, July 29, 2011

Helloooo Everyone....

I haven't been on here in a few days. Boo on me, I know. Im sure you all have been checking constantly for my posts. ;) Anyways, I have done pretty well at getting up this week. It has been quite a blessing to get up, get some coffee, and read God's word without interruptions from children or anything else. I have to say though, today, my husband was off and didn't have to get up early from work, and I totally slept in. Til almost 8. Then I got up and made pancakes and turkey bacon. Yummy!

I had a pretty eventful day today. I had a doctors appt. I have no health insurance, so those are few and far between. I have a Chiari 1 Malformation.

http://www.asap.org/index.php/disorders/chiari-malformation/ (Just in case you are interested..)

This causes me alot of pain and headaches, and may end up in surgeries. Having no insurance, though, I haven't been able to see a neurologist or get any treatment. Ive just had to deal with it. About a month ago, I developed some blurry vision (I could see clearly with 1 SIDE of my eye..It was CRAZY) and got hot, then got a MASSIVE migraine like I have never had before. I was scared to death that something was going on. I went home, went to bed, and it went away eventually. The headaches have seemed to worsen in the last month or so, so I decided I had to suck it up, pay the $100, and go see my primary doctor and see if he had any ideas to help me maybe find a grant or something that would help me get treatment. He didn't know of any grants, but the doctor that he is partnered with said he gets his insurance through an agency through the State of North Carolina that is just for high risk people, who have preexisting conditions, and have been denied elsewhere. This may very well be the answer to my prayers! I haven't been able to look into it yet, but I will update when I do. He also thinks it is income based, which would be even more amazing, considering we are a one income family with 4 people, and 2 of us (Rodney and myself) in college. I will be graduating in December of this year, and have an internship lined up for the fall, so Im praying for God to provide a full time position there with benefits. Its sad how I always took health insurance for granted, until I was diagnosed and unable to get coverage anymore.

Thats a super long post, but please keep this situation in your prayers. I would love to be able to be headache free! :) God is my ultimate Healer. I believe He will do it! :)

No comments: